As a service provider, Cricket Wireless is famous for its affordable prepaid plans all around the U.S. Many smartphones in the market come under the service of Cricket Wireless. Among all the models and brands, what phones are compatible with Cricket Wireless?
Both Android and iPhones (specific models) are compatible with the Cricket Wireless services. To check the compatibility of your current phone, you need to visit Cricket’s website and complete the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) process. The phones don’t come unlocked, so you have to activate them separately. The latest iPhone 12 and 13 series, Samsung, LG, Nokia, OnePlus, Cricket, Motorola, and ZTE phones, are on the compatibility list.
However, it would be best to learn some facts before signing or purchasing the Cricket-compatible phones. These include things like plans and costs, services, coverage, etc.
- Cricket Wireless Compatibility
- Compatible Phone List
- How to Check Compatibility of Cricket Wireless of a Phone?
- Compatible Plans with Cricket Wireless
- Carriers of Cricket Wireless
- Do Cricket Wireless Phones Stay Unlocked?
- Activation of Cricket Compatible Phones
- Replacement Terms of Cricket Phones
- Facts to Know Before Signing Up for A Cricket Phone
- Bottom Line
Cricket Wireless Compatibility
The Cricket Wireless company was launched in 1999 as a Wireless service provider to offer customers unique packages and plans for their phones.
Their motto is offering smartphones (both Android and iPhones) with reasonable prices, prepaid plans with no credit check, no annual contracts, no hidden fees, nationwide network coverage, excellent customer service, promotional deals, etc.
All of these deals help a customer to get a phone and use it within the budget range. However, there are some compatibility issues with the Cricket Wireless provider because the company doesn’t have contact with all the brands. But their compatible phone list is pretty huge so that you can choose your suitable phone at an affordable price.
Compatible Phone List
Suppose you bring your phone to the Cricket service and want to sign up for a prepaid plan. Therefore, you need to have a list by which you can know which model is compatible with Cricket Wireless.
Apple’s recent 5G and previous 3G, 4G phones are compatible with Cricket Wireless. The list includes:
- iPhone 13 series
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone X series
- iPhone SE and SE (2nd gen)
- iPhone 6, 7 and 8
The android market is pretty massive, and among them, Samsung, Alcatel, Cricket, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, and ZTE are involved with Cricket Wireless providers.
Samsung’s latest Galaxy S series, a series models are compatible with Cricket. The list includes Nokia 3.1 plus, 3.1C, C2 Tava, Motorola’s latest models, and all models from Cricket Wireless.
OnePlus, Google pixels, LG, Sony Xperia series will support Cricket Wireless with their latest software updates.
How to Check Compatibility of Cricket Wireless of a Phone?
Cricket Wireless provides phones from low budget to high-end flagship. It’s not a challenging task to find out whether your device is Cricket compatible or not. The method is pretty useful when you buy phones from third parties.
There are two methods to find out the compatibility of Cricket Wireless.
- First, go to the Cricket Wireless website. You will see the “shop” option in the main menu.
- Press that option and then select the option “bring your phone.”
- After that, the entire BYOP will appear on the screen.
- Select the option with compatibility. Then, the site will ask for your phone’s IMEI number.
- If you know your phone’s IMEI number, insert it into the website. If you don’t, get your phone and dial *#6#, and it will show your IMEI number. You can also go to the settings and find the IMEI number there.
- Then, press the option “check,” and in an instant, you will know whether it is a Cricket-compatible device or not.
Cricket SIM Card Check
This technique is pretty simple but effective in checking compatibility. All you need to do is insert your Cricket SIM card into your phone. If the network bar is working and showing as registered, your phone is Cricket compatible. If not, change your phone immediately.
Compatible Plans with Cricket Wireless
The Cricket Wireless company offers the customers various prepaid plans within an affordable range along with the phones. You just need to buy a Cricket-compatible phone or join their BYOP programs to enjoy no credit check plans, discount packages, etc.
Have a look at the plans Cricket Wireless is offering:
- You can get 2GB of data, unlimited message, and talk time at $30 per month. There are also picture message features, HD voice calling, WIFI calling, and Cricket call defense.
- You can get 10GB of data, unlimited message, and talk time at $40 per month. There are also other mentioned features from above.
- There’s also an unlimited plan that comes at $55 per month. It includes unlimited data, unlimited voice calls and messages, unlimited video streaming, and many other features. This package comes in an autopay system that starts at $50.
- Another unlimited package is $60 per month. And this package includes a 15GB hotspot, unlimited data with high speed, unlimited text and calls, 150GB of cloud storage, unlimited video streaming, and other compatible features.
Carriers of Cricket Wireless
Cricket Wireless is currently owned by AT&T company. At an early stage, Cricket Wireless was a CDMA provider and had contracts with other CDMA providers. But after the AT&T acquisition, Cricket Wireless provides HSPA+ and LTE networks.
After ending the CDMA, it supports GSM services, and thanks to that, all the 3G, 4G, and 5G phones are compatible with the network. There are also T-Mobile and Mint mobile service providers that will also act as Cricket Wireless carriers.
They can be registered through Cricket’s BYOP program. And recently, Cricket Wireless also worked with MVNO, FreedomPop, FreeUP mobile, H2O Wireless, consumer cellular, Good2Go mobile, red pocket, TracFone, and straight talk. These are also the carriers that are compatible with Cricket Wireless.
Do Cricket Wireless Phones Stay Unlocked?
First of all, you can’t use a Cricket Wireless phone with random Wireless providers. That’s why the Cricket Wireless phones stay locked before you meet all the requirements. Also, they can unlock the phone when you switch to their specific Wireless providers.
Well, here are the requirements:
- Your device should be in service for at least six months on a paid Cricket account.
- Your phones should not be reported as stolen or lost.
- You can’t use other fraudulent accounts that provide similar services.
- Until these requirements are fulfilled, you can’t unlock your Cricket-compatible phone.
Activation of Cricket Compatible Phones
You can buy a Cricket-compatible phone online or in their official store. But there’s a problem with online shopping. You will need to activate the phone all by yourself.
If that’s the case, here’s what you should do:
- At first, switch off your phone and insert your SIM card into it.
- Then, browse the Cricket Wireless website.
- See the BYOP process and select activation.
- Choose your phone type (iPhone or Android).
- Then, select the purchased place. Is it a retail shop or an official shop?
- Choose whether you are either an existing customer or a new customer.
- If you are an existing customer, you need to log in through a username and password.
- If you are a new customer, fulfill the information on the screen (order number, mail, phone number, etc.)
- Lastly, press the “activate” option, and you are good to go.
Replacement Terms of Cricket Phones
Well, a mobile phone is a precious investment. Therefore, Cricket Wireless offers customers phone replacements after a malfunction, liquid damage, serious physical damage, theft or loss, etc.
However, there are terms needed to be fulfilled during the replacement process. Have a look at them:
- If your phone gets stolen or lost, you must immediately contact the Cricket Wireless authority. However, the replacement would be possible only when you get the Cricket protection.
- When you face some difficulty with malfunctions and the phone is still under guarantee, you can ask for a replacement from the manufacturer.
- If you receive a new or refurbished phone, you should always cancel your previous prepaid or autopay plans. However, there’s no guarantee of the device’s model, brands, or features.
Facts to Know Before Signing Up for A Cricket Phone
A customer should always have some minimum idea about what they are buying and its features. The same rule applies while signing up for Cricket phone phones.
Though AT&T and Cricket Wireless combinedly cover most of the areas of the United States, some states are excluded. So, you can’t use your Cricket phone over those areas. But in the regions listed, there’s always a strong network connection.
Plans And Costs
Well, Cricket Wireless is not the cheapest option as a service provider. But they have affordable plans. Therefore, search for your suitable package and then sign up.
Cricket Wireless is always famous for its excellent support to its customers. You can always ask for help from Monday to Saturday (9 AM-9 PM) with calls or live chats.
In Cricket Wireless, you can either activate the BYOP program on your old device or buy a new compatible device for the program. As mentioned, they have a massive collection of compatible phones out there.
Cricket Wireless is an excellent choice as a service provider when you want a phone within your budget and enjoy its affordable prepaid packages.
Hopefully, you have learned what phones are compatible with Cricket Wireless and checked the compatibility. All the phones are available in their retail stores or other online stores. Get yourself a Cricket-compatible phone today and enjoy!