Imagine a fine evening when you enjoy a cup of tea on your balcony, and suddenly you decide to watch the new sequel of Minions: The Rise of Gru. Right afterward, you realize that downloading such bulky movies might take a long time considering the download speed of your internet.
Why not get a suitable online streaming service and watch your favorite movie or TV series? Though Netflix comes first in everyone’s mind, in recent times, Peacock has been running quite fast in the competition.
Since this platform is new and has good reviews, most people might wonder how to achieve this in their smart television, such as Samsung. We have conducted intensive research to find out how to get Peacock on Samsung Smart TV.
This article focuses on the installation process, gives you a brief about Peacock’s different package subscriptions, and summarizes some advantages and disadvantages.
Peacock Installation Process on Samsung Smart TV?
First of all, Peacock is easily available on Samsung Smart TVs from the 2017 model and upwards. For Samsung models below the 2017 year, it will require an external streaming device (which will be discussed later in detail).
Therefore, for Samsung 2017 or newer models, here comes the Peacock installation process:
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and initiate the Home screen.
- Then go to the search bar and type Peacock.
- After you have discovered the Peacock app, click to download the application.
- After completing the download, hit on install.
- You can add the Peacock bar to your menu list to access the streaming site quickly.
- After you are finished with the installation, open the application and sign in. If you do not have a Peacock account, follow the guidelines below to open a new account.
Guidelines for opening a new Peacock account:
- After opening the Peacock app, they will hook you with an option to log in with an existing account or create a new one. You can also visit their official website to open a new account.
- While creating an account, they will ask you to put your personal information such as name, password, g-mail account, and most importantly, subscription plan.
- After you input all the information, they will send you a notification to verify the mail, and you can access your newly purchased Peacock account.
Now, those who own a Samsung Smart TV with a model number older than 2017 will not have direct access to the Peacock. Instead, they must connect an external streaming device with the help of an HDMI cable to get access to Peacock.
For their simplicity, here is a list of all the streaming devices that are compatible with Samsung Smart TV:
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
After you have connected any of the streaming devices from above with your Samsung Smart TV, the rest of the procedure is the same as discussed above. Though you must put in a subscription plan while logging in to Peacock, it will be wise to know the package details of the Peacock subscription. Follow the later section!
Peacock Package Details- Choose Your Most Suitable One
Peacock mainly offers three types of subscription plans for their customers. After knowing how to get Peacock on Samsung Smart TV, check out their packages for a suitable subscription:
- Peacock Free
- Peacock Premium
- Peacock Premium Plus
Peacock offers a preliminary subscription plan unlike any other streaming site, Peacock Free, which offers 130,000 hours of free content. While using this package, you will have a list of shows accessible within Peacock Free.
There are many drawbacks included in this particular package. As it is a free subscription, you will have to face many ads while playing any content. Additionally, while watching a TV series, you will observe that some seasons will require a premium subscription to enjoy.
Most importantly, Peacock Free does not include offline download features, 4K video streaming, and, last but not least, live sports telecast.
Therefore, this package is suitable for owners with a budget issue, but they are missing all the exclusive advertising fun provided by Peacock.
Now, let’s look at all the premium packages that Peacock has to offer. The first on our list is Peacock Premium. Those who want to purchase this package must pay 4.99 dollars per month and enjoy all the exclusive content.
Though this package will allow you to stream 4K videos (if your Smart TV can support that), there will still be disturbances of sudden Google ads. Additionally, you cannot download movies or series to later watch in it offline.
Peacock Premium Plus
You should purchase the Peacock Premium Plus package if you do not want any disturbance, such as frequent ads. According to our research, most Peacock customers suggest this package with a monthly fee of 9.99 dollars.
With this package, you will have access to all Peacock’s premium features, including the ability to download offline movies or series, 4K video streaming, and enjoy all the live sports events and news.
At a glance, here comes a table to present a better comparison of the three subscription packages:
|Package Name||Package Fee||Package Drawbacks|
|Peacock Free||No charge||Frequent ads|
No offline downloads
No 4K streaming
No live telecast
|Peacock Premium||$4.99.00 per month||Frequent ads|
No offline downloads
|Peacock Premium Plus||$9.99.00 per month||No drawbacks are included.|
Alternative ways to play Peacock on Samsung Smart TV from iOS devices
Let’s say you find it lazy to connect an external device to get Peacock on your Samsung Smart TV. If you are an iOS device user, that burden will lift within a second. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
iOS users can connect the Peacock to their Samsung Smart TV with the help of the Airplay feature. The steps are as follows:
- First, open your iOS device and download the Peacock app for Airplay.
- Install it.
- Sign up for the Peacock app with your existing account or open an account as stated above.
- Make sure that your Samsung Smart TV and iOS device are connected to the same network.
- While you play some content on your phone’s screen, you will notice an Airplay option at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Airplay option.
- Choose the Samsung Smart TV option from your Airplay and wait for the connection.
- You will observe that whatever content is being played on your phone has been transferred to your TV screen.
Another related article about Peacock TV
- What Channel Is Peacock on DirecTV? Channel Guide.
- What Channel Is Peacock On Dish? Channel Guide.
- What Channel Is Peacock on Xfinity? Channel Guide.
- What Channel Is Peacock on Verizon FiOS? Channel Guide.
- What channel is Peacock on Spectrum? Channel Guide.
- What Channel Is Peacock on Optimum? Channel Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get subtitles for Peacock on your Samsung Smart TV?
Follow the steps below to find the subtitles for your content on Samsung Smart TV:
- Pause the content that you have been playing.
- Open the video playback options.
- You will notice a text bubble icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Then, a subtitle window will pop up, and you can choose your preferred language to initiate the subtitle for your playing content.
2. Why is it troublesome to get Peacock on my Samsung Smart TV?
As we have mentioned earlier, 2016 or older models of Samsung Smart TVs are not compatible with Peacock. For such scenarios, one has to purchase an external streaming device to make the site compatible.
3. What is the list of popular shows to watch on Peacock?
The list of popular shows to watch on Peacock is as follows:
- Poker Face
- Baking It
- Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin
- The Calling
- A Friend of The Family
- Young Rock
4. Is Peacock available on the app store?
For your convenience, Peacock is available on App Store and Play Store (based on your Android or iOS device). Hence, to find Peacock on Samsung Smart TV, if it’s not on your app list, you can easily get it in the Play Store.
5. How to update the Samsung Smart TV?
To update the software of your Samsung Smart TV, go to settings and select the support icon. You will get a notice for the Software Update, and you have to select Update Now. Finally, wait sometime before your Smart TV updates the whole software.
6. Which Smart TVs have Peacock available?
The list of Smart TVs with Peacock availability is as follows:
- LG Smart TVs (greater than WebOS 3.5)
- Vizio Smart TVs (with 2015 above models)
- Samsung Smart TVs (with 2017 above models)
So, how to get Peacock on Samsung Smart TV? In simpler terms, Peacock is easily accessible if the version of Samsung Smart TV is above 2017 or higher. All you need to do is to download and install the application.
For older versions lower than 2017, your Smart TV will require an external streaming device. For your convenience, we have included some streaming devices compatible with Samsung’s interface- Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV, and so on.
Last but not least, Peacock offers three types of monthly subscription plans with individual drawbacks listed above. After reading this article, you will have no difficulties getting a suitable Peacock package for your Samsung Smart TV model.